- Restraint of trade – we regularly advise both employers and employees on the enforceability of restrictive covenants
- Confidential information – we advise and act for employers in cases involving misuse of confidential information by employees, including in cases where urgent interlocutory relief is sought to restrain the misuse of such information
- Executive employment – we regularly advise senior executives of large employers in relation to the terms of their employment and in relation to termination arrangements
- Unfair/unlawful dismissal claims – we act for employers in defending unfair and unlawful dismissal claims
- Occupational Health and Safety – advising clients on their obligations to provide a safe work place and acting in Workcover prosecutions
A large component of our practice in this area of the law involves advising clients at an early stage as to their rights and obligations, both under contract and legislation, so that the chances of litigation arising from their actions are minimized. This comes from understanding the processes that should be followed, understanding the client's objectives and working with the client to achieve those objectives with a view to avoiding litigation.
For more information please contact Simon Horton, Neil Archer or Chad Pedersen.