Lana Yashina - Solicitor
Phone: 02 9228 0888
Mobile: 0412 799 777
Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) - Far East State University (Russia)
Master of Law and Legal Practice - University of Technology, Sydney
Master of International Trade Law - University of Technology, Sydney
Building and construction
Lana was admitted to practice in New South Wales in February 2008 and is also admitted to practice law in the Russian Federation. Beginning her career in Sydney at a mid-sized commercial law firm, Lana joined Horton Rhodes Lawyers in June 2011.
Lana advises on a broad range of litigation matters, including commercial disputes, insolvency, trade practices, construction, property and employment, and has experience running cases in the District and Supreme Courts of New South Wales and the Federal Court of Australia. Lana also advises on a range of commercial and corporate matters.
Lana is a member of the Civil Litigation Committee of the NSW Young Lawyers, the Women Lawyers Association of NSW, the Russian-speaking Lawyers Association (Australia) and the NSW Government's Russian Ministerial Consultative Committee.
Some matters that Lana has worked on include:
- Acting for companies the subject of winding up proceedings which included claims of breach of director's duties and shareholder oppression.
- Acting for an owners corporation in proceedings alleging breach of fiduciary duty in respect of a property purchase.
- Acting for a large accounting practice in proceedings concerning property re-possession, guarantees and securities.
- Acting for companies and individuals in proceedings brought by the ATO concerning alleged tax offences.
- Acting for a company in a sale of business worth in excess of $15m.