Nicholas Heinecke - Senior Associate
Phone: 02 9228 0888
Mobile: 0423 021 999
Bachelor of Arts - University of New South Wales
Bachelor of Laws - University of New South Wales
Building and construction
Nic was admitted to practice in New South Wales and in the Federal Courts in May 2005. Prior to joining Horton Rhodes in May 2010, Nic was working in-house as a commercial lawyer at Macquarie University having commenced his career at a boutique firm practicing in litigation and commercial law.
Nic is experienced in the resolution of complex commercial disputes as well as commercial transactional work and enjoys putting to use his commercial negotiation experience in the context of Alternative Dispute Resolution. Nic regularly acts in large commercial disputes in Superior Courts.
Some of the commercial disputes Nic has worked on include:
- Acting for a trustee holding a large national business in disputes with beneficiaries.
- Acting for builders in claims in the Supreme and District Courts.
- Acting in partnership disputes in the Supreme Court.
- Representing a University in discrimination actions, including on appeal to the Supreme Court.
- Representing employers and employees in employment disputes.
- Acting for an insolvency practitioner in Federal Court proceedings concerning a bankrupt with an estate amassing over $80M in claimed debts.
- Acting in retail tenancy disputes.
Some of the advice and commercial deals Nic has worked on include:
- Advising listed entities on fund raising and compliance.
- Negotiating major property development transactions.
- Negotiating and advising on property leasing and purchase transactions.
- Advising on corporate compliance and governance.
- Advising and negotiating corporate acquisitions.